Saturday, June 23, 2012

Personalized Wreath

So, I saw some cool wreaths on Pinterest, and...since it is SO hard to find "E" personalized items, I decided to make my own.  I'm not the craftiest person, but I was surprised at how easily this project was.  By no means is it perfect, but I eventually got in the groove of it, and it got a lot more attractive toward the end.  Here is the finished project!

I started with the E.  Anyone else out there who may want to try this:  Start with the wreath until you get it figured out OR get a standard cut letter!  I thought the curly letters were cute, but it was a pain!




Supplies:
Wreath (I used a $5 one from Hobby Lobby...no need to get a nice one)
Wooden letter
Yarn (In Reddie colors..of course)
Hot glue gun
Ribbon

 It was also easier to wrap the yarn and tighten each loop as I went rather than doing several loose wraps and then tightening a larger amount of the yarn.  This whole project took me about two hours.  I did the E one night and the wreath the next.  Please comment if you have questions!! :)  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment