Sunday, June 24, 2012

Just a little something new....


While watching The Lion King for the millionth time tonight, I decided to do a little something new.  I've painted on canvas several times, but this was the first time I've ever painted on wood...and I didn't know what I was doing!  I bought a 6X6 (I think) square from Hobby Lobby last week and picked up a packet of wooden appliqué fleur-de-lis.  

I used acrylic paint (this was where I was unsure.  I didn't know what kind of paint to use on wood.  In the end, I just went with it.  I was out $5).  On the face, I mixed green/white.  Then after it dried, I went over it with a blue/white mixture.    Around the edges and on the fleur-de-lis, I went with a mixture of brown/light brown.  As a highlight at the end, I took the rest of my brown mixture and threw in some white to lighten it.  When everything was dry, I just hot glued the appliqué to the square.  It's at simple as that!  :) 

By the way...The Lion King was just as good this time as it was in 94!  



No comments:

Post a Comment